Central Victoria Local Services
Central Victoria ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Central Victoria site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Central Victoria Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Central Victoria When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Central Victoria Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Central Victoria Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Central Victoria ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Central Victoria and a Place to Meet
The central.vic.guide Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Central Victoria
Central Victoria, located in the southeastern state of Victoria, Australia, is a region filled with rich history, culture, and natural beauty. Here are some interesting facts about this fascinating region:
- Aboriginal people have lived in Central Victoria for over 40,000 years. The Dja Dja Wurrung, Taungurung, and Wadawurrung are the original custodians of the land. Today, their descendants continue to maintain connections to their traditional lands and culture.
- The discovery of gold in 1851 led to the famous gold rush period in Central Victoria. The region became incredibly wealthy, with towns like Ballarat and Bendigo experiencing rapid growth and development. The gold rush had a lasting impact on the region, with many beautiful historical buildings and landmarks still standing today.
- Central Victoria is home to many unique and endangered animals. The Brush-tailed Phascogale and the Squirrel Glider are both small marsupials that are only found in this region. The Greater Glider, a large, gliding possum, is also found here and is listed as a threatened species.
- Central Victoria is a food and wine lover's paradise. The region is known for its delicious, locally grown produce, including apples, cherries, olives, and beef. Wineries in the region produce some of Australia's finest wines, including Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Chardonnay.
- Mount Macedon, located in Central Victoria, has one of the largest collections of exotic trees and plants in Australia. Many of the species were imported from Europe and America in the late 1800s and are now over 100 years old. The gardens at Mount Macedon are a popular tourist destination and are especially beautiful in autumn when the leaves change color.
- Central Victoria has a number of historic railways, including the famous Puffing Billy Steam Railway, which runs through the Dandenong Ranges. There are also several vintage steam train rides available in the region, transporting visitors back in time to the era of the gold rush.
- The Hanging Rock Reserve, located near the town of Woodend, is known for its mysterious geological formations and Indigenous history. The name "Hanging Rock" comes from the large boulder suspended between other rocks, which was originally used as a shelter by Aboriginal people. The site has since become famous thanks to the popular novel and movie "Picnic at Hanging Rock."
Central Victoria is a region filled with fascinating history, beautiful scenery, and unique wildlife. Whether you're interested in exploring the gold rush era, sampling delicious food and wine, or soaking in the natural beauty of the region, Central Victoria is a must-see destination.